Good things happen when you take care of your roots! Fall is the perfect time to take care of your lawn. The cooler temperatures mean your grass is able to grow longer, more extensive roots and store extra energy for use throughout the winter. Here’s five fall tips for maintaining a lush lawn:
- It’s time for lawn renovation. Mow low, plug-aerate, over-seed, fertilize and lime based on the results of a thikSOIL – soil test: www.think-soil.com
- Be sure your soil pH is between 6.2 and 6.8 for optimal turf performance. Find your lawn’s pH with a thinkSOIL soil test: www.think-soil.com
- Water frequently and keep all new seeded areas moist until the new grass is established (3” tall) – 15 minutes in the early AM and again in the mid to late afternoon. Don’t allow the seeded area to dry out.
- Don’t apply any weed preventing products until you’ve mowed your new grass three times
- Fall is for planting, so now is the time to plant trees and shrubs.